[modeleng] Re: Steam engine RPM?

  • From: "Tony Wells" <oaksfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 05:44:42 +0100

I have a number of small prototype tubular propane foundary burmers, based
on 1/2" and 3/4" bodies, and had intended to use one of those. I had thought
about one of the MAP gas twin mini tank set ups, but the initial cost is
very high for what it is. I do have a friend whose youngest son is a welder
by trade though, and so I was considering asking him for his professional
services for the brazing.

Talking of welders, and therefore welding, is there any reason why a piece
of old steel gas tamk cylinder could not be used as the boiler though, with
the end caps welded into place? A shiny copper one with brass fittings is
certainly very pleasant to look, but would it be any better than
waterproofed steel?

Tony.