[modeleng] Re: Steam engine RPM?

  • From: "Terry Lane" <tel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 06:10:20 +1000

Having used both for a number of boilers, I wouldn't bother with propane for
anything over (say) a Gauge 1 boiler. Too much foolin' around on a large
job. With oxy/acet you can localise the heat much more effectively. Copper
ain't as easy to burn out as a lot of people think - especially if your
plates are thick enough to comply with AMBSC code, the main danger is the
tube ends.