[modeleng] Re: Someone has to do it . . . . .

  • From: "JESSE LIVINGSTON" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 14:23:52 -0600

Harry,

You made mention of boring the driver crank pin holes and then turning the
crankpin ends without moving the angle on the compound rest.  This is
precisely what I did on my large 4" x 5" single cylinder marine engine, on
it I bored the piston and turned the piston rod so the fit was absolutely
perfect.  It would take a lot of hand fitting if one tried to make a new
set-up and expect perfect seating in the tapers.

Jesse