[macvoiceover] Re: Urgent help needed - getting VO to speak when booting from USB flash drive?

  • From: Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 08:12:52 -0600

Yes, I just spoke to someone at Apple Accessibility, and he also confirmed that
he was able to get VO to come on in the recovery partition by pressing command
F5.  He did say that the sound wasn't controllable at that level, but, not sure
he knew what he was talking about.  He thought it very strange that I am having
issues with VO not coming on at the login screen, as well as the recovery
partition.  He thinks that perhaps a reinstall will fix these issues.  So, it
looks like I'll need to get sighted help for this one.  I may just try one more
time with headphones on and see what happens.

Thanks Ricardo!

Russell