[macvoiceover] Urgent help needed - getting VO to speak when booting from USB flash drive?

  • From: Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 14:13:23 -0600

Hi everyone,

Okay, I backed up all my files, and am now ready to do a clean install of
Mountain Lion.  I am using a 16 GB SD card.  I downloaded Lion Disk Maker, and
created a bootable SD card.  I then inseted this card into my computer with an
SD card reader, went to System Preferences and chose this SD card as the
startup drive, and then restarted the computer.

My problem is that I am not able to get VO to start off of this SD card!  I
know that I have booted to it because I called a friend on FaceTime on my
iPhone and had her look at the screen.  I have the options to install ML, go to
Utilities, etc., but I can't get VO to come on.

Does anyone know if using Lion Disk Maker to create a bootable SD card actually
includes files to allow for VO use?  Or, should I create the bootable SD card
using the Mac's own Disk Utilities?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Russell>