[lit-ideas] Re: The Surgical Strike Option

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 14:32:18 -0500

Robert: No aircraft were shipped to the Allies except under the conditions I've sketched here until after America entered the war. No such over-the-border scheme was ever carried out, in spite of what Monnet and Freidel may have been drinking.

I doublechecked on Internet searches. You're absolutely right and I'm wrong. FDR made plans for the illegal shipments but they were never enacted.
Sorry to be such a source of error on this.

Eric