[lit-ideas] Re: The Surgical Strike Option

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 21:24:16 -0500

Ursula: I asked where do you see this happening now. The 'this' referred to your 'brought up on charges, endless hearings about legality, etc." I meant "now" as in "with this president". Your answer doesn't cut it.

Eric; My answer doesn't cut it because you want to get into a discussion about all the dark gray areas of Bush's moves, while at the same time ignoring the gray areas of Clinton's and FDR's?
When really my point was about how predatory US domestic politics have become since FDR's time...when he could help the Brits against the Nazis with being called before an indignant Congress.

How about the NSA data-mining and phone interception--which anyone who was paying attention knew was going on for years--and which is suddenly pictured as a constitutional crisis?

Okay, bash away.