[lit-ideas] Re: The Surgical Strike Option

  • From: "Phil Enns" <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 13:37:51 -0500

Eric Yost wrote:

"Anyone know how to find about the moms/dads/little kids resident in
Natanz?"

Two years ago, travelling from Qom to Isfahan, we passed near Natanz.
The area is a really desolate place.  It is mountainous, devoid of any
vegetation, and except for a few villages, no one lives there.  We
stopped for lunch at Kashan, which is a moderately large town with a few
thousand people.  Kashan has a beautiful rose garden built several
centuries ago that is fed by an aquifer from the mountains.  It also has
a bathhouse that dates from the 10th century.  The bathhouse is no
longer functional but is where we had our lunch.  The area has a stark
beauty to it.

We also saw a number of hills with anti-aircraft guns on them.  They
seemed like show pieces and I assumed the really nasty stuff, i.e. the
SAMs, were less-obviously placed.

Sincerely,

Phil Enns
Toronto, ON