[lit-ideas] Re: The Surgical Strike Option

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 15:20:01 -0500

The devil is in the details.  Anybody can say let's bomb 'em.  Specifically
what would happen AFTER our planes bombed their facilities?  Would the
Iranians cease and desist the way we want them to?  End of story?  Would
there be any other interested parties?  Would the Iranian people have a
reaction or would they embrace the American strikes?  Would we cow the
Iranians into submission, they'll roll over, show their bellies and we'll
walk away?  Specifically what do you think would happen?  The Broadway play
Into the Woods was about what happened after the Happily Ever After.  What
happens after the bombing ends in your opinion?  What is your reaction to
the Rand piece and the General Odom opinion that Mike posted?