[lit-ideas] Re: The Surgical Strike Option

  • From: Ursula Stange <Ursula@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 21:15:38 -0500

Eric, you're either misunderstanding me or intentionally adumbrating (in its secondary meaning). I asked where do you see this happening now. The 'this' referred to your 'brought up on charges, endless hearings about legality, etc." I meant "now" as in "with this president". Your answer doesn't cut it.
U.
(wow, that was the first time I've ever used adumbrating out in public...)

Eric Yost wrote:

Eric Yost wrote:

> Actually, FDR, went around the Congress, acted like a criminal and found a way to get war material to the Brits right after Dunkirk. Were US internal politics as predatory then as they are now, FDR might have been brought up on charges, endless hearings about legality, etc.

Ursula: Just where do you see this happening now?

Eric: Weeks ago, I mentioned Clinton ordering a missile strike on the Sudan aspirin factory. Immediately the GOP jumped on it and claimed he was trying to distract people from the Monica scandal. Also when Clinton ordered a missile strike against the Iraqi Intelligence Center in reprisal for the attempted assassination of Bush Sr., the same story. Trying to distract the public from Monica Lewinsky.

Same with Bush, Jr. He did X for this purely self-serving reason. He did Y to help Halliburton. Etc.