[lit-ideas] Re: The Surgical Strike Option

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 02:40:55 -0500

No, Eric, I don't want to do that. You brought up Clinton, not me. I was only pointing out the divide between your alarmist rhetoric and the 'r-e-s-p-e-c-t' Bush gets from Congress and the press. (But, yes, I'd like to see Bush brought up on charges.)

____

I brought up Clinton to show that the predatory nature of domestic US politics is bipartisan. (Clinton was probably right to order the missile strikes.) But predatory politics leaves people with lousy options, such as being:

* cynical and disbelieving of everything anyone in power says,

* blindly trusting and likely to be burned by that trust sooner or later, though often sooner,

* selectively cynical along partisan lines.

It may surprise you, but I don't consider myself an alarmist, especially in comparison to certain others on the list. Just trying to muddle through, with limited resources, time, and information.