[lit-ideas] Re: Shadows, Fog, and Money

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 20:26:56 -0400

>There's a difference between a river level moving up and down and melting
>ice caps.

People complain "there's not as much snow on kilimanjaro as there used to
be. That's because people have cut down all the vegetation that used to
cause water to be entrained in the winds that rushed up it and then rained
on the mountain. The reason there is less snow is NOT because it's warmer,
it's because there is less precipitation. I'm not saying that humans don't
have an effect on the weather; I'm arguing that "Global Warming" is a myth.

soon to be drinking a nice cold Grolsch,
paul

[insert pithy quote here]
Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx