[lit-ideas] Re: Shadows, Fog, and Money

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 23:56:42 -0400

Mitchell
> who penned:

What's being an atheist got to do with it?  If anything, atheists are held
to a higher standard.  Religious types have the afterlife to make up time.
Atheists have only the here and now.

> We are stardust
> We are golden
> And we've got to get ourselves
> Back to the garden

I think it was Crosby Stills and Nash.  Joni Mitchell was they paved
paradise and put up a parking lot.  But whoever wrote it, unless you mean
the Garden of Eden, the garden is on earth.  I would imagine we would want
to take care of our garden but apparently not.  It's interesting that they
say we are stardust.   How do you interpret those lines?

> >A.A. I'll bet we'll never see you in a pork chop package.
>
> Not unless cannibalism suddenly comes back into style.

Ever think pigs might be stardust too and this might be cannibalism?  Nah,
you're a Republican.  That wouldn't occur to you.

Andy