[lit-ideas] Re: Shadows, Fog, and Money

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 21:50:57 -0400

Everything's
> gotta be about us.

A.A. Polar.  I can only guess at the geology behind it.  Something about
being farthest from the equator, planet tipped away from the sun.  It
doesn't matter, they're there.

> >NPR, I think, that more species have been destroyed in the last number
of
> >years than in all of  history (?).
>
> This is NOT caused by "global warming" My original quarrel was with THAT
> term only.

A.A. The same conditions go into destruction of ecology that go into
producing greenhouse gases.

> >With each species goes an entire ecology, and the top of the food
> >chain (us) will eventually be affected. The earth is a living thing.
>
> The Earth is NOT a living thing. It's a planet that happens to house a
> collection of ecologies. But without life, the EARTH still exists.

A.A. Without lifeEarth is just another of the trillions of lifeless bodies
in the universe.  It's postulated that Earth may be the freak of the
universe, the only place in the universe where all the conditions came
together to form Paul Stone.  Imagine that, and Paul Stone doesn't even
care.

> >Living things can only take so much abuse before they stop living.
>
> Gaia, schmaia!!!

A.A. I'll bet we'll never see you in a pork chop package.

Andy