[lit-ideas] Re: Londonistan

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 19:21:29 -0800

Why do I think Europe is in danger of losing its identify?  Why do I believe
that Muslims with a much higher birthrate than Europeans will eventually
supplant them (if nothing changes)?  Why is it I think that the Muslim
culture which the Muslims retain rather than integrate into European Society
will replace the European Society (if nothing changes)?  Why is it I credit
the common belief that Eurabia is an inevitability (if nothing changes)?  I
don't know, evidence, common sense, logic.

There is a paradigm the Europeans are considering to stave off being
swallowed up by Islam, the American, but they aren't considering it all that
seriously.  American is "The Great Satain" to almost as many Europeans as
Muslims.  Still, more and more people in Europe are noticing that the U.S.
doesn't have the problems that the Europeans do and are considering some of
our policies.  However, the small changes occurring seem to be too
half-hearted to approximate a serious change.  Unfortunately, the Europeans
have another paradigm that some think might be just the thing for dealing
with the Islamic problem: Fascism.  Some leaders (Van Gogh, for example)
have been called Fascist when all they wanted to do was change some
immigration policies, but there apparently are leaders who do fit that
classic definition.

Lawrence