[lit-ideas] Re: Londonistan

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:10:31 -0800

Right, "Total nonsense.  Totally untrue.  No problem with race.  No problem
with integration.  No Muslim problem.  No problem with multiculturalism.
Everything fair under the law."  Those are the sorts of responses that Bawer
noticed and quotes along with evidence to the contrary.  Ergo the title of
his book and his emphasis that Europe is sleeping.

Bawer went into this in some detail:  What do Europeans do when someone
describes a problem with Muslims?  Why, attack the person describing the
problem, of course.

Lawrence