[lit-ideas] Re: At War with Ourselves

  • From: "Andreas Ramos" <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 21:11:24 -0800

From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

This is by Victor Davis Hanson, an historian I have tremendous respect for (which will mean Geary and Ramos
won't be interested in the above).

Victor Davis Hanson is well-known here in Palo Alto. He's at Stanford. Actually, he's in the Hoover Institute, which is at Stanford. He's well-known because he's so crazy. He writes endless editorials where he talks about how victory is happening in Iraq, how everything has exceeded expectations, how democracy will transform the region, and how brilliant Bush was to do all of this.

The only thing I can figure is that Hanson is trying to get Bush to appoint him to something.

I encourage all of you, really, to see his website. www.victorhanson.com It's proof (wake up, Erin) you can be a professor and still be nuts.

yrs,
andreas
www.andreas.com