[lit-ideas] Re: At War with Ourselves

  • From: "Lawrence Helm" <lawrencehelm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 18:25:10 -0800

A multicultural society means that the society accepts multiple cultures.
If you go to France you don't' have to strive to be like other Frenchmen,
learn the language, learn French history, or learn French politics.  You can
be a Muslim and continue to speak Arabic and it's okay.  Multiculturalism is
Politically Correct. You should know about multiculturalism.  We have it
here in California.  You can come across the border speaking Spanish and you
don't need to learn English.  Heck, we'll learn to speak Spanish to make it
easier for you.  I've commented about this before.  I've said that
fortunately, America is so accepting of immigrants that La Raza isn't
working. Mexicans are learning English.  They do better, they get better
jobs and their kids do better in school and get better jobs if they learn
English.  But the Liberal Ideal of Multiculturalism remains.  It exists here
in the U.S. and it exists in Europe.  And it doesn't work.  Carried to
extremes it will destroy a nation.

Multiculturalism was accepted in France.  It was politically correct to
accept it.  Muslims were not tasked with become Frenchmen and women.
Liberal leaders in France like the idea of multiculturalism, but the French
men and women on the street didn't.  It just doesn't work.  If you can't
talk to someone then you don't.  If they have different ways of doing things
then tough, it's your country and they should learn to do things your way.

I'm surprised all you liberals are having so much trouble with this.  You
should be saying, "oh yes, it will work."   Isn't it racist to say that
multiculturalism won't work?  Do you think it's okay for those French
Caucasians to tell those dark-skinned Arabs that they have to be just like
them?

I haven't read the FrontPageMag article yet, but I can hardly wait.

Lawrence.

  _____