[lit-ideas] VERY VERY VERY GOOD NEWS

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 23:42:44 -0600

Today a new Marxist-Leftist-Liberal entered the world. My daughter Ondine, the baby of the family, gave birth to her own baby, a girl -- source of even more Marxist-Leftist-Liberals!!!! Might as well surrender now, Lawrence. But even if you don't, you're invited to share in my joy. They have decided to call her Niamh. Unfamiliar with the word, look here:

NIAMH (pronounced Neeve): a Celtic word, means "brightness." From Irish mythology, Niamh of the Golden Hair, from the Land of Youth, where no one ever grows old.

Oh, that poor child! Well, it should help her develop patience.

Actually, she wasn't born, she was plucked. The kid just didn't want to leave her warm womb room, so by God, after 15 hours of labor, the powers that be just went in there and pulled her out kicking and screaming. The description of the C-section by my son-in-law who was in the room was not pretty. Not one little bit. Thank you, God, for making me male. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'll take an occasional kick in the nuts to birthing children any day of the week.

A toast to Niamh:

       Through the throat of a thrush
                 the Spirit sings
                     Celebrate!