[lit-ideas] Re: VERY VERY VERY GOOD NEWS

  • From: Carol Kirschenbaum <carolkir@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 03:30:20 -0800

Julie, this is not about word usage. This is a one-upsmanship by Omar, the
self-appointed critic, who saw an opening and used it to slap me. Think about
it. If you had written "Many happy returns" to Mike, onlist, or even Merry
Christmas to him now,  would you expect anyone but Mike to say that your
utterance was inappropriate, or "wrong"? Of course not! For one thing, it would
be rude. Omar is being rude. I won't defend myself against his accusations,
whatever they be. Been there before, and fuck him.

I had asked about the pronunciation of Mike's grandgirl's name. Anyone?

Carol

        Date: 3/3/06 4:55:18 A.M. Central Standard Time
        From: omarkusto@xxxxxxxxx
        To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Sent on:

  A birth is also a simcha, and I chose to say "Simcha
  Tov" to Mike...

  This is not how simcha is usually used, but then at
  least it should have been "simcha tova."

  http://mail.yahoo.com