[iyonix-support] Re: Pyjama effect

  • From: george <george.greenfield@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 16:13:09 GMT

In message <1152711673.44b4fbf91f33e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Quoting Peter derwent <egroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

[snip]

> The other thing is some start-up code and settings in the OS.  If
> you haven't already upgraded to 5.11, you should do so.  Apart from
> start-up issues, there are other significant improvements in 5.11.

Seconded: I upgraded to 5.11 a week ago and general USB behaviour is
notably better - I've not had to !USBKick my scanner once - and the
USB media>Harddrive copying problems I had have not recurred. I've not
encountered 'pyjamas' either before or since the upgrade to 5.11 (my
machine has a relatively new PSU which was replaced shortly after I
got it a year ago) and the new OS version seems very stable.

George