[iyonix-support] Re: Pyjama effect

  • From: davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 14:41:13 +0100

Quoting Peter derwent <egroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi there
>
> I know that this was discussed at some length some time ago, but I did
> not pay it too much attention because at that time my Iyonix was not
> displaying the effect - However now it is (more and more often on
> startup).
>
> It is dealt with fairly easily by doing a reset, but what actually
> causes it?

John Ballance suggests that one cause is the power supply giving
out slightly wrong voltages.  How many people have cured "pyjamas"
by swapping the PSU?

I'm about to try.

The other thing is some start-up code and settings in the OS.  If
you haven't already upgraded to 5.11, you should do so.  Apart from
start-up issues, there are other significant improvements in 5.11.

Dave