[iyonix-support] Re: Pyjama effect

  • From: Paul Vigay <lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 16:06:09 +0100

In article <2a264a454e.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I very rarely got the pyjamas after I upgraded to 5.11, but I've now had
> it twice in five start-ups. Could it be relevant that I've recently
> turned on lazy task swapping (1) using Paul V's Misc Setup? Presumably
> not, as I imagine this won't have kicked in by that stage of the boot-up?

Actually, LTS is ON by default in RISC OS (4 onwards), so my Misc plugin
allows you to turn it off if you want (more for debugging purposes, as I'd
recommend leaving it on).

It does this permanently by updating the relevant file in the boot
sequence. However, if you reboot the machine, it will revert to ON again
until it boots up and reads the predesk file part way through booting, at
which point it will turn it off again, if you've opted to disable it in my
plugin.

--
Paul Vigay                 __\\|//__            Life,
                           (` o-o ')        the Universe

There must be something worth living for, even some things worth dying for.