[PCB_FORUM] Re: Announcing the Transition of the ICU PCB Forum to CDNUSERS.ORG

  • From: Michael.Catrambone@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 11:24:51 -0600

Austin,

From what I have seen the current cdnusers.org email notifications
happen pretty fast with no delay. One would assume the post/reply
functionality via email would also be pretty fast but we have no way of
knowing until it is all setup.  I small delay, minutes not hours, would
probably be acceptable, which I have seen on Freelists.org today.

As hard as it has been to follow all of these comments and concerns the
Cadence web team and I are taking everything seriously and wants
this to work.

Regards,
Mike

"Austin Franklin" <austin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>@freelists.org on 03/08/2006
11:08:35 AM

Please respond to icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent by:    icu-pcb-forum-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To:    <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc:
Subject:    [PCB_FORUM] Re: Announcing the Transition of the ICU PCB Forum
       to CDNUSERS.ORG

Gary, Mike,

> So, if the cdnusers.org web site can make the post/reply process
> transparent
> through e-mail, I think this will be the great solution.

All my other issues I have with this unilateral decree aside, functionally,
if it could be made to work exactly as it currently works, such that all
correspondence can be done via email (text only preferably), and it was
done
as fast as it is now, that would work for me.  It would have to be separate
for each individual "forum", and that forum is identified in the email
header (as it is now).

I will note though that the other "forum" based email lists I am on are not
in real time, it can take hours for an email to get generated from the
post...and that would not work for this type of discussion where people
would like to receive replies quickly.

> If I have to logon/register with cdnusers.org one time, then get
> the threads
> as e-mail (as it is now), that would leave little to complain about!

I as well have no problem having to set it up once, whether via a web site
or via email subscription requests.

> When I need to look up a solution from the past, I will go to
> cdnusers.org.

Currently, you'd have to go to the freelists web site to do the same, so I
don't see this as a change.

Regards,

Austin