[PCB_FORUM] Re: Announcing the Transition of the ICU PCB Forum to CDNUSERS.ORG

  • From: "Bye, Randy W" <Randy.Bye@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 23:25:17 -0600

Here are a couple more advantages of using the cdnusers forum that I
neglected to mention:

1. With the current Freelists forum, an email thread/question often gets
segmented into multiple threads that all contain information about the
same topic. When this happens, as it has with this particular transition
thread, I find it both inefficient and ineffective.  The information
gets fragmented into many independent chains and it becomes a chore to
sift thru the all the threads that have spawned from the original.  With
the cdnusers forum, all the replies will automatically always be
associated with the original post.  You can see all of the replies for
the original post in one place without having to jump from thread to
thread.

2. It very inefficient for both customers and Cadence to have to
follow/respond to more than one forum.  It is clear that the mainstream
user communications channel will be thru cdnusers.org.

As the old saying goes, you lead the horses to water, but you can't make
em' drink............  That said, I truly hope that everyone will at
least give the new cdnusers forum a chance and try it for awhile.

Best Regards,

Randy

Randy Bye
PCB Engineering