[PCB_FORUM] Re: Announcing the Transition of the ICU PCB Forum to CDNUSERS.ORG

  • From: "austin@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <austin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 18:47:34 -0500

Hi Randy,

> 1. There is official support/monitoring by Cadence technical staff.

They can (and do) monitor this list as well.

> 2. I like that the different SPB specialties/subjects are split into
> dedicated forums for, Modeling, SI, PCB Design, IC packaging and SKILL.
> That way I can filter the incoming e-mail and pay closest attention to
> the subjects I care about the most.

That is the same as different email lists.

> 3. The cdnusers site offers one-stop shopping for a variety of user
> goodies over and above the forum.

These unspecified "goodies" can exist without "moving" the mailing list to
this new "forum".

> 4. To quote myself: " In addition to the normal forum posts that you are
> accustomed to seeing on Freelists, the moderators will also be
> initiating specific technical discussions.

And that can happen here as well.  Nothin about an email list precludes
this.

> 5. The cdnusers forums will ultimately be exposed to more users which
> equates to an overall larger community knowledge base.

How so?  Anyone who can use the new cdn "forum" can subscribe to this email
list.

Sorry for being a curmudgeon, but I just haven't heard a thing of substance
that necessitates this change.

Regards,

Austin