[haiku-development] Re: Quick network preference application update

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 10:10:12 +0100

Hi Diver,

The tabbed view reminds me a lot of the Ubuntu network configuration, but it looks easy enough to use.

Am 26.01.2011 03:45, schrieb Diver:
* Added "New connection" for things like ppoe/pptp, it's probably
better to show this button only on VPN/DSL tabs, though.

That is the only thing I've been wondering about. If the button is only suitable for certain tabs, it could be placed besides the Configure button in those tabs only.

The only other thing I've been wondering about is where the known wireless networks are. In general I think it's a good idea how it works in most other systems, that there is a list of known wireless networks, which are picked automatically, i.e. independent from the profiles feature. Although in a profile, I might want to configure not to automatically connect to open networks...

Best regards,
-Stephan