[haiku-development] Re: Quick network preference application update

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 09:53:53 +0100

Am 26.01.2011 06:24, schrieb Justin Stressman:
On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 12:09 AM, Ryan Leavengood<leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 12:06 AM, Ryan Leavengood<leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Also I prefer the circle connection icons next to the text like in the
older mock-up (the one on the left in the linked image.)

On second thought after looking again they might be better as overlays
over the icon as you have them in the tabbed mock-up.

This might seem a little nitpicky, but for a red/green colorblind
person like myself, the yellow and green in those mock-ups are
basically indistinguishable to me. Having them right next to the word
"connected" or "connecting" makes it easy to see at a glance which it
is.

Not nitpicky, valid input. :-)

Now, if as someone said, we were going to add a lock overlay for
encrypted connections, wouldn't that go where the colored circle is
currently anyway?

Yes, probably.

(I might also try something like a red triangle pointing down for
"disconnected", a yellow circle for "connecting" and a green triangle
pointing up for "connected". But these are just random ideas off the
top of my head to make it easier to see at a glance for people like
myself.)

In the current NetworkStatus Deskbar replicant, that is exactly the idea I've been following. I used a read square for "disconnected", though.

Best regards,
-Stephan