[haiku-development] Re: Quick network preference application update

2011/1/24 Clemens Zeidler <clemens.zeidler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Just a thought: this high row design is not used in haiku anywhere does it
> integrates well into the system? is there a haiku way to do it?

Can we leverage the haiku tracker here like the mail application?
Think every connection as a file or link to the configuration
application, grouped in a folder ( or in a live query ) displayed by
the tracker. Every information (interface name, network name, ip,
speed, type, can be an attribute that the user is then free to show or
hide.
You only need a background server to maintain those "file" and
attributes up to date.
I see multiple advantages here:
- no need for a fancy list interface
- free sorting
- you can add new attributes in the future
- icon support is here, maybe overlay should be added ( like the usage
bar on drive )
- live queries adds flexibility. See a view of all 'connected'
interface, all open wireless networks...

What do you think ?

Laurent

--
Laurent