[haiku-development] Re: Quick network preference application update

  • From: Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 21:46:06 +0100

Le 24/01/2011 20:22, Clemens Zeidler a écrit :
Am 25.01.2011, 05:01 Uhr, schrieb Alexander von Gluck <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

I tried quickly adding the wireless access points to my alternate
network preference applet a-la the mock-up, but it looks ugly and is
really confusing.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5560191/screenshot5.png

Maybe use the available space more efficient. I think the MAC address is not interesting in the main view and the device name only if there are really more than one network cards/ wifi cards. The encryption type would fit beside the network name.

Just a thought: this high row design is not used in haiku anywhere does it integrates well into the system? is there a haiku way to do it?

Actually, there is the same kind of views in Web+ download list, and I also used the same (even copied most of the code) in my package manager mockup. Seems it's just convenient to display more than just a name this way... Also, with screens getting higher resolutions, the 16x16 icons are really small and don't convey as much information...

--
Adrien.