[haiku-development] Re: Quick network preference application update

  • From: Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 08:37:59 +0100

Le 24/01/2011 21:21, Gabriele Biffi a écrit :
Diver wrote:
Hi there.

I just played around a bit with your screenshots and here is what I come with: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15787359/NetworkSettings_divider_ip_icons_default_bg_circles.png

I like this one, it is a lot more meaningful :-)
Icons always help in understanding what each item is.
Maybe the wireless card icon is not the best choice, unless someone has played with installing one. Some radio waves around the antenna may help.
Just love the cable icon :-)

Some other random thoughts:

The device names and MACs are unuseful here, they should be in some "advanced properties" or something. Who cares about those? Link speed, status and IP will be A LOT more useful!

The adapters should be not in the same list as the wireless networks, this is confusing.

To indicate that a network is protected, we could use another icon like a padlock.

Yeah, I feel more Mac these days than Win :-D

Regards

Gabriele

What about an outline view of some kind, with the adapters at the top level and the wireless networks (if any) and/or profiles for each of them one level below ?

--
Adrien.