[haiku-development] Re: Quick network preference application update

  • From: Justin Stressman <jstressman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 00:24:32 -0500

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 12:09 AM, Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 12:06 AM, Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> Also I prefer the circle connection icons next to the text like in the
>> older mock-up (the one on the left in the linked image.)
>
> On second thought after looking again they might be better as overlays
> over the icon as you have them in the tabbed mock-up.

This might seem a little nitpicky, but for a red/green colorblind
person like myself, the yellow and green in those mock-ups are
basically indistinguishable to me. Having them right next to the word
"connected" or "connecting" makes it easy to see at a glance which it
is.

Now, if as someone said, we were going to add a lock overlay for
encrypted connections, wouldn't that go where the colored circle is
currently anyway?

(I might also try something like a red triangle pointing down for
"disconnected", a yellow circle for "connecting" and a green triangle
pointing up for "connected". But these are just random ideas off the
top of my head to make it easier to see at a glance for people like
myself.)

--
猿も木から落ちる