[haiku-development] Re: Quick network preference application update

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 00:06:17 -0500

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 9:45 PM, Diver <reznikov.sergei@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What do you guys think?

I think the tabs may be necessary to organize everything (and we may
need more tabs like for network services, etc.), but I think active
connections, especially for wired and wireless (and maybe for VPN and
dial-up) should be on the first tab, which could just be named
Connections. It should be as easy and quick as possible to see and
edit those.

Also I prefer the circle connection icons next to the text like in the
older mock-up (the one on the left in the linked image.)

I do wonder where the selection and management of wireless networks is
supposed to be in the Network preferences. I don't know if that has
really been addressed yet in these mock-ups, but it is pretty
important. I know I certainly appreciate having networks which I have
set up before automatically connecting.

But either way good jobs on the mock-ups so far Diver. You should do
this more often.

--
Regards,
Ryan