[haiku-development] Re: Friendlier Optional Package installation

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 10:07:42 -0700

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 10:03 AM, Brecht Machiels <brecht@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Jun 2011 18:36:48 +0200, Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> If we start increasing the size of nightlies, it's only going to be a
>> bigger issues - perhaps we need to consider hosting nightlies with our
>> own infrastructure soon (or as mentioned in Trac, start offering
>> torrents for each).
>
> Can nightlies be distributed to the mirrors? Or if that's not possible,
> weekly images?

It's going to increase the traffic and storage requirements for our
mirrors (the latter may be a problem for several of them)... I'm not
adverse to doing it, but we'll need to very much change how people
access our nightly images if we do this.

In any case, we can probably take this discussion somewhere else as
it's sort of a tangent... maybe haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ?

- Urias