[haiku-development] Re: Friendlier Optional Package installation

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 12:08 PM, Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> One excellent reason to not have a web based package manager: the
> nightly images don't include a web browser.

That is easy to change, especially considering lack of a browser is
probably a pretty big complaint about the nightlies. I'm sure we could
put up a poll asking who immediately installs a browser after
installing a nightly, and I imagine the results would be 90%+.

The need for nightlies for the average user will probably also be
greatly reduced when we actually have the ability to easily update an
existing Haiku installation, something I hope is part of the package
management solution.

Ryan