[geocentrism] Re: Statement of Faith

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 19:34:42 +0000 (GMT)

Jack,

The points you make in this posting are perfectly reasonable, and you know that
I agree with them, but Mike is not currently able to post in to this group to
defend himself. Take it up with him again, God willing, later on, but for the
moment it is not fair to do so.

All,

Can I ask that you now seriously consider my contention that since the Moon
physically travels in the opposite direction about the World in a geostatic
system, either the Bible or the Apollo programme is false.

WE REALLY DO NEED TO REACH CONCENSUS ON THIS ISSUE - IT IS FUNDAMENTAL TO OUR
UNDERSTANDING OF THIS WHOLE AREA.

Please spend a few minutes and draw for yourselves the diagrams I suggested.
Think about it. You are launching a rocket to rendezvous with the Moon. Which
way do you launch it?

Yours in Christ,

Neville.

Jack Lewis <jack.lewis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear Mike,
With respect you are not able to avoid all religious discussion here! The
mere fact that you state that you do not believe in God means that you
believe in something else. You may remember the last time you were on the
forum I spoke about getting back to basics.

You believe, if I am correct, that the cosmos came about unaided and from
nothing. This is an irrational position for a materialist to take. However
you are happy to put your faith into that paradigm. Since it is a faith ergo
it must be religious. This means that any scientific data based on this
stance must be also suspect and needs to be re-evaluated and stripped of its
assumptions or acknowledged that they are just assumptions. The problem is
that the assumptions are soon forgotten and replaced as fact. Much of modern
science and some historical, is founded on a very shaky foundation. However
you are protected by the fact that you believe you will never know the truth
and therefore it doesn't matter whether your science is right or wrong.

I believe that the cosmos could not possibly have come into being unaided
and from nothing. This is a rational position . Something must have made
something - this is truly a materialist position. I believe that it was
created by a Creator out of nothing. I believe that the Bible informs us
about this Creator. This means that scientific data must stand up to this
paradigm.