[geocentrism] Re: Statement of Faith

  • From: "Dr. Neville Jones" <ntj005@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 21:44:56 +0000 (GMT)

Gary,

By saying "Bible," I am deliberately not restricting myself to the KJV, NIV,
NJV, etc., but am referring to the original Hebrew and Greek, as it was written
down. At the time of Christ, at least, the Hebrew must have been accurate,
because he quoted directly from it.

Gerardus Bouw and others claim this inerrancy is specifically associated with
the KJV. I do not. I claim it only exists with the original manuscripts, which
may or may not be lost.

Let's not split hairs and miss the whole point here. God's written word informs
us that the World does not move. This is not an isolated clause in one verse of
the Bible - it is stated over and over again.

Neville.

Gary Shelton <garylshelton@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dr. Jones,

The statement of faith claims the bible is the inerrant word of god. In
what sense can we say yes to that statement of faith, if we doubt the KJV
and every other single translation out there for some reason or another?

Gary Shelton