[gameprogrammer] Re: OpenGL reality check.

  • From: Olof Bjarnason <olof.bjarnason@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 10:15:21 +0100

There is at least one thing that makes MS attempt to put down OpenGL
performance inconceivable: very many CAD programs rely on OpenGL, and if
OpenGL performance drops, CAD users will take notice, thus making Windows
Vista a "not so good option for CAD users". The CAD users are quite many..
And don't tell me CAD programs "does not need the realtime experience like
games" - try that statement on a young mechanical engineer/designer in your
neighbourhood! Realtime if VERY important if you sit all day designing
stuff..

Just my 2cc

/Olof