[gameprogrammer] Re: OpenGL reality check.

  • From: Roger D Vargas <luo_hei@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 08:24:51 -0500

Also, you can get all kinds of weird errors. Right now I have a project stucked due to some linking problem with cegui that nobody knows how to solve (and the one who knows, never posted the solution in the forums). And you can have an irrlicht project running in 2 minutes, in linux or windows. Ogre project takes much more just to barely init the video mode.

Kevin Jenkins wrote:

Ogre is a good engine but is huge and takes 20 minutes on a fast computer to compile. I recommend Irrlicht for students as it is much smaller and easier to use.

Infinite Possibilities wrote:

Ogre supposrts DirecX and OpenGL and is cross platform for Windows, Linux and Mac. http://www.ogre3d.org/

Have Fun,
Darren