[duxhelp] Password Protected Documents

  • From: "Ian Robinson" <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "List DBTBeta" <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 11:46:44 +0100

Hi,

This isn't strictly a beta issue as I can replicate it with 10.4.

Trying to open a password protected Word document causes DBT to hang.  The
title bar is visible to JAWS, but the application is not responding.

Trying to close DBT caused Windows XP to display the "This program is not
responding" dialogue.  Selecting "End now", caused a lot of hard disc
activity and a slow down of the whole system, but a DBT window still
remained.

In the end, I had to reboot the system.

Also, I searched DBT's Help for "password", and got no results.

Cheers.

Ian