[duxhelp] Re: Password Protected Documents

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 13:18:56 +0100

Hi Ian,

I have just tried it here with XP Professional and Home, and Office
2003.  I've also used DBT 10.4, current Beta, and the untested autobuild
of 28th May, and in all cases I get the same result.

After displaying DBT's normal import dialog, where it correctly
identifies File Type, I get "Error Message 714" pop up, but DBT doesn't
hang or such like.    Nothing appears in the error logs.  Trawled the MS
KB to no avail, and even googled with no success, so I hope it's a DBT
error message, which can be rephrased to be something more meaningful.

I'm not surprised you didn't find the word "password" in Help.  Not only
has the indexing not been completed yet, but the word doesn't exist
anywhere in the text.  Got any ideas for a topic that should include
"password"?  (Smile)