[softwarelist] Re: Unwanted font definitions

  • From: Keith Hopper <asgard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 11:45:11 +1200

In article <321605b34f.tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message of 21 Jun, Paul Vigay <lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > 100 customers each paying £100 for an update would bring in £10,000
> > which might contribute to a few months programming....

> When I retired in 2000 the going rate for a contract programmer was a
> mere £250 a day.  Shall we say that it might, just be a bit more now?
> So £10K is a 40 days work, not quite two months, and probably less than
> that at current daily rates.

     As I commented in a news group earlier today I am happy to pay GBP50
or over if necessary - even though I don't use OvnPro as much as I used to
- my wife does.

     If you are thinking of a wish list then, before we 'vote' I would
suggest that David's advice on likely cost (in time or money terms) of each
item on the list could be helpful.

     I know that my 'most wanted' feature is likely to be fearfully
expensive so I will just keep my mush shut!!

                         Keith

--
Inspired!