[softwarelist] Unwanted font definitions

  • From: Keith Hopper <asgard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 11:26:34 +1200

Greetings,
     I realise that I should have known this before - but didn't. When the
only font referred to in a document is NOT Trinity, OvnPro puts out a font
list (in a DDL file and a Postscript file anyway) including Trinity
Medium/Bold/Italic.

     I only discovered this when a document wouldn't convert to PDF with
PDFmaker (a Ghostscript error). Although the Postscript printed happily and
converted with other converters PDFmaker objected. I tracked this down to
the presence of Trinity Italic Smallcaps (with Rcomp Andrew's help) which
was the 'default' italic for Trinity - which wasn't used in the document at
all and was not referrred to in any style or any effect!

     Am I being obtuse in thinking that the font list should only include
fonts which are actually used in the document - after all it just
unnecessarily bloats output files??

               Puzzled!!

                         Keith

--