[softwarelist] Re: Unwanted font definitions

  • From: Paul Vigay <lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 17:13:10 +0100

In a dim and distant universe <gemini.k2tkww00ghgd901zc.ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Ray Dawson <ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> enlightened us thusly:
> I get the impression, from what David has said, that a RISC OS update
> would require a lot more work as he is no longer geared up to RISC OS.
> Even at £50 a head the financial return won't be anywhere near the cost
> of programming hours.

Wouldn't a better approach be for David to work out roughly how much it
would cost to do a (major?) update to RISC OS OvPro, then we can work out
how many people would need to pay X amount?

That would then allow us to calculate how much each update would be for the
existing userbase vs, how many additional customers we'd need to make it
viable.

100 customers each paying £100 for an update would bring in £10,000 which
might contribute to a few months programming....

Paul Vigay
Editor, www.RISCOS.org

--
Using, programming and promoting RISC OS - the most productive computer
system in the world. Check it out now, and change your view of computers!!

To reply/email, visit http://www.riscos.org/feedback/