[softwarelist] Re: Unwanted font definitions

  • From: charles <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 10:36:57 +0100

In article <4fb2cf5dcalists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx>,
   Paul Vigay <lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In a dim and distant universe <b54dceb24f.alan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Dr Alan Leighton <alan.leighton2@xxxxxxxxxxxx> enlightened us thusly:

> > I would like to back Peter 100% in what he says. After watching the
> > program about Bill Gates yesterday I am so grateful for our operating
> > system and those who support it like David.

> Yeah. That programme made me feel sick. The guy is a megalomaniac
> psychopath - and thinks he can buy appreciation by chucking money at
> charities. My disliking for him just reached new heights!

Just because you dislike Microsoft products is no reason to dismiss Gates'
donations to charity.  A hundred years ago, Andrew Carnegie made a personal
fortune out of the steel industry in the USA and, on retiring, gave
millions* to charity.  He is considered a philanthropist.

* considered to be the equivalent of $4.3 billion at current prices

--
From KT24 - in "Leafy Surrey"

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.11