[softwarelist] Unwanted font definitions

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 08:42:13 +0100

In article <94a696b24f.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 20 Jun 2008  David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > In message <4fb28a4e50Lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Torrens (lists)"
> > <Lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
> >>How easy would it be, when O-Pro complains about a missing font, to
> >>allow the user to control the font used as a replacement?

> > Essentially the Windows version of OP allows this.

> > Doing anything for RISC OS is difficult because I've had 20 years of
> > aversion therapy...

> That's one of the saddest things that I've read for ages. I do hope
> that we ordinary RISC OS users aren't the source of the aversion, as
> we have a /very/ great deal to be thankful to David for.

> With best wishes,

> Peter.

Indeedy, I couldn't agree more.

The software of Mr P has over the years made my computer use easier, and I
guess more efficient.

I still use OvPro on both RISC OS and Windows, and to be quite honest
about it, I like using it in preference to anything else either side of
the OS wall.

While I do most of my photo graphics work on the Win PC side using PSP, I
still do a bit RO side using DPlngscan. (And obviously do all my Vector
graphics work on the RO side with Draw... Not a DP app though).

Trusty old SparkFS of course... Been using that for years in Zip mode to
transfer stuff all over the place.

Plus a number of small bits and bobs from the Dpilling stable.

Thank you Mr P for making my computer use easier than it would have been.

Cheers
Dave S