[bookcourier] Re: new to the list.

  • From: "Brian Miller" <brian-r-miller@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 11:43:14 -0800

I also have been quite happy with my Book Courier.  My wife also has one --
a trend on this list, it seems.

The support team at BC have been quite responsive to firmware and transfer
software update needs.  To some degree the BC is a work in progress, though
much much farther along than a beta product.

I go absolutely nowhere without my BC.  I am an avid reader and academic and
the thought of being anywhere without a book fills me with dread.  With the
BC you can take a modest-sized library with you on the road.  The advantages
over a 4-track tape player are manyfold: batteries that last for dozens of
hours rather than a half dozen; no tapes to turn over, no borken tapes, no
bulky cassette cases to carry around, fewre extra batteries, lighter weight,
more durable, and so on.  I longer take books on tape with me when I travel,
and I travel a lot.

I was recently in the South Pacific for a few weeks and didn't have to
change the batteries of my BC once, and I never ran out of things to read.

I do not have much hands-on experience with the BP, but I can certainly
attest to my happiness with the BC.  Whether you buy the BC, or decide to
purchase the BP, buy one of them.  It's worth every penny.
Cheers,
Brian Miller