[bookcourier] new to the list

  • From: "Robin Christopherson" <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 13:08:47 +0100

Hello all

My name is Robin from the UK and I'm newly subscribed.  I have been using my
Book Courier avidly for a couple of months now and am presently enjoying
making my way through the numerous excellent books of PG Wodehouse!

I must say, however, that my use of the Book Courier has been alloyed with a
large dollop of frustration as my unit seems extremely temperamental.  The
three main frustrations are turning it on (sometimes I get nothing out of it
for literally five or ten minutes of regular pressing of the on button), the
fact that it quite often pauses or cuts out when reading, playing an MP3 or
even just browsing through the library, and lastly that the 10 second time
out is so short that you only have to briefly pause it for whatever reason
and you are then back in the indefinite period it takes to turn it back on.

I really like it and am just seeking some feedback from others as to whether
this is an issue with my unit or the prevailing behaviour of the Book
Courier.

BTW - I also get numerous firmware errors and occasional unreqquested
restoring of defaults.

Does any of this sound similar to your experience or should I be shipping it
back to the reseller ASAP?

Thanks for all your help, Robin
Robin Christopherson
Web Consultancy Manager
t: 01926 465599
m: 07900 503935
e: robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AbilityNet upcoming Events

Places still available for the following AbilityNet events. For information
and bookings please call 0800 269 545.

1.       <http://www.abilitynet.org.uk/content/abilitynet/abnser.htm>
Successful Computing on a Low Budget for Disabled People.

2.       <http://www.abilitynet.org.uk/content/abilitynet/abnser.htm>
Successful Computing with Dyslexia or other reading & writing problems.

3.       <http://www.abilitynet.org.uk/content/abilitynet/abnser.htm>
Successful computing with a physical disability.

4.       <http://www.abilitynet.org.uk/content/abilitynet/abnser.htm>
Successful computing with a sensory impairment.

5.       <http://www.abilitynet.org.uk/content/abilitynet/abnser.htm> IT
Disability & Leisure Course

This email is intended for the addressee only and any files transmitted with
it are intended for the sole use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed.