[bookcourier] Re: new to the list.

  • From: Patrick Byrne <k9jau@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 09:52:16 -0600

Hi Jim,

May I make a couple of comments that might help your decision.
I have had a Courier for over a year and have nbeen quite pleased with
it.  My wife has had a BookPort for a year or so and is also quite pleased
with its performance.
The Book Courier comes with a larger stock memory card; 128 meg, vs. 64 meg
with the BookPort.  Many users of both products increase the size of their
memory cards; ann and I are using the cards that came with the equipment.
The BookPort supports more file types than the Courier.  I have about
exclusively used NLS Braille formatted books and Bookshare formatted
documents which I have converted to TXT files and they have served me well.
The Doubletalk synthesizer is common to both products and both products
seem to get exceptionally good battery life from alkaline bateries.  Many
users use rechargeable cells to advantage.
I think you will be pleased with whichever player you buy; you will have
millions of great hours listening and will wonder how you did it without!!!
Good luck.