[bookcourier] Re: new to the list

  • From: "Graham Lewis" <Graham.Lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 14:05:19 +0100

Hi Robin.  I think most of us have encountered the same problems.  The =
developers are gradually improving things and so make sure you have the =
most uo to date version of the software for both the BookCourier and =
Desktop tool.

By the way, you are just down the road from me and in fact you did my =
assessment a year or so back.  It was you that suggested the original =
roadrunner to me and with the Bookcourier, this is perhaps the most useful =
piece of equipement I have.

Graham

Graham Lewis
Centre for Academic Practice
University of Warwick
University House
Kirby Corner Road
Coventry CV4 8UW
UK
=20
Tel.: (+44) (0) 24 765 72737
Mobile: 07733450022
Fax.: (+44) (0) 24 765 727326

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/cap/about/staff/lewis/
http://innovations.warwick.ac.uk/innovations/
http://cap.warwick.ac.uk/tdf

>>> robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 05/11/04 01:08pm >>>
Hello all
=20
My name is Robin from the UK and I'm newly subscribed.  I have been using =
my
Book Courier avidly for a couple of months now and am presently enjoying
making my way through the numerous excellent books of PG Wodehouse!
=20
I must say, however, that my use of the Book Courier has been alloyed with =
large dollop of frustration as my unit seems extremely temperamental.  The
three main frustrations are turning it on (sometimes I get nothing out of =
it
for literally five or ten minutes of regular pressing of the on button), =
the
fact that it quite often pauses or cuts out when reading, playing an MP3 =
or
even just browsing through the library, and lastly that the 10 second time
out is so short that you only have to briefly pause it for whatever reason
and you are then back in the indefinite period it takes to turn it back =
on.
=20
I really like it and am just seeking some feedback from others as to =
whether
this is an issue with my unit or the prevailing behaviour of the Book
Courier.
=20
BTW - I also get numerous firmware errors and occasional unreqquested
restoring of defaults. =20
=20
Does any of this sound similar to your experience or should I be shipping =
it
back to the reseller ASAP?
=20
Thanks for all your help, Robin=20
Robin Christopherson=20
Web Consultancy Manager=20
t: 01926 465599=20
m: 07900 503935=20
e: robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=20

AbilityNet upcoming Events

Places still available for the following AbilityNet events. For information=

and bookings please call 0800 269 545.

1.       <http://www.abilitynet.org.uk/content/abilitynet/abnser.htm>
Successful Computing on a Low Budget for Disabled People.=20

2.       <http://www.abilitynet.org.uk/content/abilitynet/abnser.htm>
Successful Computing with Dyslexia or other reading & writing problems.=20

3.       <http://www.abilitynet.org.uk/content/abilitynet/abnser.htm>
Successful computing with a physical disability.=20

4.       <http://www.abilitynet.org.uk/content/abilitynet/abnser.htm>
Successful computing with a sensory impairment.=20

5.       <http://www.abilitynet.org.uk/content/abilitynet/abnser.htm> IT
Disability & Leisure Course=20

This email is intended for the addressee only and any files transmitted =
with
it are intended for the sole use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed.

=20